Forehead reduction surgery (frequently referred to as brow bone reduction or brow bone contouring surgery) is performed on men with an extremely prominent brow bone or as part of facial feminization surgery. This procedure surgically reduces the height and protrusion of the forehead.
For male brow bone reduction surgery patients this procedure will reduce an over-masculine or “Neanderthal appearance” and restore a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. The surgery will result in a brow bone that is in proportion with the other facial feature. Additionally, where significant hairline recession or male pattern hair loss has occurred, a forehead reduction is often elected as an alternative to hair transplant surgery, which requires multiple sessions over a longer period of time before achieving comparable results.
For facial feminization surgery patients, the forehead/ brow ridge bone contouring procedure will alter the masculine appearance around the forehead and upper eye areas and result in feminizing the features. Forehead contouring & reduction surgery for FFS patients involves shaping the forehead bones and orbital bones to remove the masculine ridge, open up the appearance of the eyes, and create a more naturally feminine and softer appearance.
“The best plastic surgeon EVER!!! He knows the structure of the face, and is excellent with the shaving of bones in the forehead and jaw/chin!!!” ~ RealSelf
* To schedule a forehead reduction surgery consultation simply phone our office or request your consultation online.
Forehead reduction surgery is a procedure that is tailored to the unique aesthetic goals of the patient and can be accomplished through a variety of different methods depending on the patient’s aesthetic goals.
Brow Bone Reduction Surgery May Involve
Please note: The surgical technique which is best suited to your goals will be determined during your consultation
- Surgical Brow Bone Shaving: With this technique, excessive amounts of bone can just be surgically “shaved”
- Shaving & Filing: With this technique, the brow bone is surgically shaved and filed
- Reconstruction Surgery: This technique involves removing and remodeling the brow bone
- Reconstruction and Filing: This technique involves reconstructing the brow bone in addition to filing the brow bone
*Brow bone reduction surgery is commonly combined with brow lift surgery.
If you would like to schedule a consultation please feel free to contact us.
120 South Spalding Dr., Suite 350
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
620 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065